Richard P. Weinstein
Richard P. Weinstein
Richard P. Weinstein is a principal in the West Hartford, Connecticut law firm of Weinstein & Wisser, P.C., where he practices in the areas of Commercial litigation, Real Estate litigation, Banking Litigation on behalf of borrowers and Civil litigation. He has extensive trial experience in state and federal courts. He also has extensive experience in arguing appeals before the Supreme and Appellate Courts.
Mr. Weinstein has been named as a "Super Lawyer" in Connecticut Magazine for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 (for more information please see www.superlawyers.com/connecticut). He was also named a Super Lawyer of New England in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015. He has also received the highest ("AV") Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which evaluates lawyers in the United States and Canada, and is solely based on peer review. Attorney Weinstein has been selected as a "Fellow" of the Litigation Counsel of America, which is a Trial Lawyer Honorary Society. It is based upon peer review regarding evaluation of effectiveness and accomplishments.
Mr. Weinstein is admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut, as well as the Supreme Court of Connecticut.
Mr. Weinstein is a member of the American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association and the Hartford County Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Banking Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Connecticut, 1970
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1971
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 1970
- Washington & Jefferson College
- B.A. - 1968
Honors and Awards
- Named as a "Super Lawyer" in Connecticut Magazine, 2006 - 2015
- Named as a "Super Lawyer" of New England, 2009 - 2015
- Highest ("AV") Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Hartford County Bar Association, Member