Medical Malpractice Overview
Connecticut Medical Malpractice Attorneys
At Weinstein & Wisser, P.C., we represent clients in complex medical malpractice and catastrophic car accident cases. Our personal injury trial lawyer has been practicing law for over 30 years and offers clients reassuring guidance while also pursuing their interests through the legal system.
Our law office handles medical malpractice, hospital malpractice, and physician / doctor malpractice cases involving:
- Birth Injury: We represent clients in medical malpractice cases involving birth injuries, such as cerebral palsy, erb's palsy, or shoulder dystocia, caused by the negligence of the physician or nurse during birth or pregnancy.
- Failure to Diagnose / Misdiagnosis: Failing to diagnose a medical condition or misdiagnosis of a medical condition can result in improper treatment or treatment that comes too late.
- Failure to Treat: Failing to order necessary medical tests and failing to treat injury or disease properly can result in life-endangering consequences.
- Surgical Errors: When a client suffers harm as a result of a surgical mistake, such as puncture to bodily tissue or organs, anesthesia errors, or other surgical errors, the surgeon may be held liable.
- Emergency Room Negligence: Fast-paced emergency rooms are full of patients in need of care. However, providing inadequate care can result in misdiagnosis, mistreatment, or other catastrophic consequences.
- Prescription / Medication Errors: We hold doctors, nurses, and pharmacies accountable for over-prescribing medications, filling incorrect prescriptions, and prescribing or filling the wrong dose.
- Wrongful Death: We represent the family members of fatal accident victims in wrongful death actions brought by the estate of the deceased for negligent acts causing death.
In every medical malpractice case we handle, we obtain the necessary evidence to prove the standard of care was substandard, or breached. The standard of care varies by case and profession. We understand these liability standards and know what to look for to determine how to succeed in a case. View some of our successful verdicts and settlements.
Traumatic Brain Injury
Our law office handles traumatic brain injury cases and closed head injury cases resulting from medical malpractice and catastrophic accidents.
We represent accident victims who have suffered a spinal cord injury or other serious neck or back injury as a result of a surgical mistake, car accident, or other severe accident.
Motor Vehicle Accident Injury
Our law office handles cases involving injuries due to catastrophic motor vehicle accidents. The cases involve major brain, neck, or spine damage, paralysis, loss of limb, and wrongful death.
Weinstein & Wisser, P.C., has the experience necessary to handle the most complex cases with the most severe injuries. We understand the importance of gathering a team of experts to evaluate accidents and injuries. We have a strong foundation in medical and insurance laws, which enables us to obtain results.
If you or a loved one was a victim of medical malpractice or suffered catastrophic injuries due to a car accident, please contact a dedicated medical malpractice attorney at our West Hartford law office.
Successful & Knowledgeable
Attorney Wisser has more than 30 years of medical malpractice litigation experience and has been selected as a "Super Lawyer" in Connecticut Magazine from 2006-2015. He has been surrounded by the medical community, including an entire family that practices medicine. He is familiar with the types of medical errors that occur, understands the extent of health care problems that arise because of medical negligence, and he knows when an injury was not caused by medical malpractice.
The law firm of Weinstein & Wisser, P.C., provides advice and litigates personal injury, medical malpractice, and wrongful death cases involving birth injury, failure to diagnose / misdiagnosis, failure to treat, surgical errors, Emergency Room negligence, prescription / medication errors, traumatic brain injury (TBI), and injuries due to catastrophic motor vehicle accidents.
When you have suffered a severe and traumatic injury due to medical malpractice or a catastrophic auto accident you want experience and detailed medical knowledge on your side. Weinstein & Wisser, P.C., can assist you. We review each case in detail. We bring in medical experts and accident reconstruction experts to understand the smallest details of your accident and injury.
Contact the medical malpractice attorney at Weinstein & Wisser, P.C., for a thorough free initial consultation.