Legal Help When Your Doctor Breaks Your Trust
When you have suffered a severe and traumatic injury due to medical malpractice, you want an experienced attorney with detailed medical knowledge on your side. At Weinstein & Wisser, P.C., we represent clients in complex medical malpractice cases. Our personal injury trial lawyer has been practicing medical malpractice litigation for more than 35 years and offers clients reassuring guidance while also pursuing their interests through the legal system.
Attorney Wisser has been selected as a “Super Lawyer” in Connecticut Magazine from 2004 to present. He has been surrounded by the medical community, including an entire family that practices medicine. He is familiar with the types of medical errors that occur, understands the extent of health care problems that arise because of medical negligence, and he knows when an injury was not caused by medical malpractice.
Medical Professionals Must Meet A Standard Of Care
Every medical professional in Connecticut has a duty to meet a certain standard of care. The standard of care varies by case and profession. In every medical malpractice case we handle, we obtain the necessary evidence to prove the care provided was substandard, or the provider breached the standard of care. We understand these liability standards and know what to look for to determine how to succeed in a case.
Our law office handles medical malpractice, hospital malpractice and physician/doctor malpractice cases involving:
- Birth injury: We represent clients in medical malpractice cases involving injuries that occur during birth, such as hypoxic ischemic events resulting in neurological defects, Erb’s palsy or shoulder dystocia, caused by the negligence of the physician, nurse or hospital during birth or pregnancy.
- Failure to diagnose/misdiagnosis: Failing to diagnose a medical condition or misdiagnosis of a medical condition can result in improper treatment or treatment that comes too late.
- Failure to treat: Failing to order necessary medical tests and failing to treat injury or disease properly can result in life-endangering consequences.
- Surgical errors: When a client suffers harm as a result of a surgical mistake, such as puncture to bodily tissue or organs, anesthesia errors, or other surgical errors, the surgeon may be held liable.
- Emergency room negligence: Fast-paced emergency rooms are full of patients in need of care. However, providing inadequate care can result in misdiagnosis, mistreatment or other catastrophic consequences.
- Prescription/medication errors: We hold doctors, nurses and pharmacies accountable for overprescribing medications, filling incorrect prescriptions and prescribing or filling the wrong dose.
- Wrongful death: We represent the family members of fatal accident victims in wrongful death actions brought by the estate of the deceased for negligent acts causing death.
When the medical community fails you, Weinstein & Wisser, P.C., can help. We review each case in detail. We bring in medical experts and other necessary and related experts to understand the smallest details of your accident and injury. We build that case to fight for the compensation you deserve.